In an attempt to minimise the digital exclusion of students with autism while at the same time, contribute to the professional development of secondary-school teachers, so that they are well-equipped to cope with the sudden shift in education due to the COVID breakout, we propose AS Digital, a project with the following objectives:
- Develop an e-course with educational materials, a serious game, and visual thinking video tutorials (specially designed for students with ASD) to train them on the basic digital skills they are going to need when they graduate from school
- To deliver a training course to directly train secondary-school teachers on online learning, a skill necessary for their professional development
Results of the project
- ASDigital e-course and piloting (R1), ASDigital Teacher’s Guide (R2), Serious educational game for digital skills (R3), visual thinking video tutorials for e-course (R4), ASDigital Elearning platform (R5), all interconnected.
- 21 VET trainers, prepared to deliver training to secondary school teachers through the use of the teaching kit and the e-learning platform (C1).
- 35 teachers trained in distance learning (C2)
- a number of ASD students taught basic skills in the piloting of the e-course developed.
- 7 multiplier events to promote the project, its intellectual outputs, and its outcomes among teachers, educators, individuals with ASD- and other stakeholders (SEN/ASD associations, SENCOs, education organisations, Universities, incubators, authorities, other stakeholders) (E1-E7)