DIMPA MOOC: All you need to know about publishing and communication technologies
The DIMPA MOOC allows you to appropriate new communication and publishing technologies in order to create your own innovative and inspiring educational content for all!
What is a MOOC?
MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Courses. It is therefore a free online course available everywhere for everyone.
In the case of the DIMPA MOOC, it’s the same. The DIMPA MOOC approaches communication and publishing technologies with a view to optimising online teaching and training. It is a 6-week course starting on 7 December 2020.
The course is 100% online, free of charge, and combines theoretical and practical learning with a weekly focus on one of the 6 technologies presented.
There are no age, diploma, sector or level requirements to follow this MOOC.
If you wish to register, please click here -> SIGN UP!
Why create a MOOC on publishing and communication technologies?
The observation is simple: we are regularly (and even more so in recent months) led to consult and create online educational content without having the appropriate resources or tools. Today, a kind of barrier has been created between content producers and content consumers, or in other words, “technology experts” and the uninitiated. And yet, without having a lot of technological skills, it is possible to overcome this barrier so that each of us can in turn become creators of our own content.
The health crisis caused by COVID-19 has further exacerbated the need to digitalise education so that it can remain accessible to all. Nevertheless, digitalisation of a course is not so simple and it is often necessary to develop inspiring, engaging and adapted tools that allow learners to be mobilised and involved in their learning process. For learners with specific learning disabilities (dys and attention deficit disorders), integrating interactive, adapted and stimulating tools into their teaching allows them to overcome some of their difficulties. Indeed, adapted tools such as ePub or the use of interactive videos allow them to be more involved in the lessons or exercises and thus promote a higher rate of concentration.
MOOC DIMPA: objectives and results
In developing this MOOC, we aim to help teachers, trainers and professionals from all sectors to use the technologies presented in the MOOC to deliver innovative and engaging training for their learners.
The DIMPA MOOC has been designed to be as complete as possible while being written in a simple vocabulary so that it is accessible to a non-expert public or to a public with learning disabilities. The platform used to develop this MOOC is called The Course Network and its objective is to “Change the way the world learns”.
The MOOC offers a simple and complete introduction to digital technology and for this purpose, the MOOC addresses (among other things) the following topics: formats, vocabulary, accessibility, copyrights and so on. MOOC also offers a theoretical and practical section focusing on the following 6 technologies which are useful in the field of education and which can be used to provide a solution for learners with specific needs:
- The e-book and the epub3 to discover how to transform educational content into an e-book, the potential that this represents, the different formats, but also the new trends in media and digital.
- Augmented printing, to move from paper documents to virtual and/or augmented reality. Thanks to this technology it is possible to animate the characters in a book, make them move and express themselves.
- Interactive video, so that learners become actors in their own learning.
- 3D video and immersive 3D photography, to plunge into the heart of a new immersive environment, answer quizzes, explore specific areas… The universe of possibilities is immense.
- Augmented reality, to add virtual content to a real environment, discover human anatomy or distant galaxies with a smartphone and the Merge Cube.
- Virtual reality, to explore new underground or aerial worlds, to live new cultural experiences without leaving home!
In addition to the theoretical and practical content, MOOC provides :
- Toolboxes for each of the technologies presented.
Available in the section: ” 6 technologies “.
- 18 easily achievable examples using the 6 technologies to be reproduced.
Available in the technology sections in the “Technical Presentations” tab.
- 18 explanatory sheets to know all the steps and information necessary to reproduce the 18 models proposed.
Available in the ” Technical presentations ” tab.
- A guide that explains how to develop a MOOC in general and how we designed the MOOC DIMPA in particular.
- Quizzes, interactions and a final certification exam.
DIMPA MOOC offers different learning paths with trainers available to answer any questions, propose further practical work, evaluate the content created by the participants and encourage the exchange of good practices, tools and methods.
Beyond the purely theoretical and practical aspects, it is also a beautiful community of caring and motivated learners who participate in this MOOC to develop a more accessible, caring and responsive education for all, not forgetting those with specific learning disabilities.